Monday 13 January 2014

The East Asian Currency and Debt Bubble


The next Bubble was the first to catch my attention growing up. This happened when I started out with my professional career

I can specifically remember a tv news report that the East Asian economies were growing at an enormous rate... So much so that students opened credit card accounts and used that to speculate with shares on the stock exchange. Due to rapid growth they could flip the shares before they had to pay the debt. I was tremendously impressed.

The the bubble burst and hit us over the couple of months.

This bubble is an excellent example of the massive damage that can be done with reckless speculation in the financial markets (specifically forex trading), and also illustrates the devastating impact of the power and damage that can happen once contagion occurred



Follow me on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment